It comes with enhancements over previous wireless technologies, like high-speed transmission, advanced multimedia access and global roaming.
You do not need to buy new sim card, you will need to have a device (handset or dongle) that supports 3.75G.
A customer can enjoy a number of the services like-:
- Mobile video e.g. point to point video services
- Online games e.g. downloads or rentals
- Live & archive video e.g. short clips, entertainment
- Locations services e.g. m-commerce, push and pull information
- Information services e.g. emails, sports
- Mobile office e.g. corporate intranet
- Faster Internet e.g. Upload & download heavy files
We have multiple agreements that allow our customer to use visited network and enjoy 3.75G roaming.
|Bundles||Price (GHC)||Data Volume||Validity|
|Pay As You Go||0.06||1MB||N/A|
|Phone Maxi||1||25MB||3 days|
|Phone weekly||3||100MB||7 days|
|Month mini||5||200MB||20 days|
|Month lite||15||750MB||30 days|
|Month midi||30||2GB||30 days|
|Month maxi||60||5GB||30 days|
|Rebate lite||75||6GB||90 days|
|Rebate extra||150||12GB||90 days|
|Data Bundle Promotional Offer|
|E1550 USB Modem (HSDPA) + 5GB valid for 30days||¢ 60|
|Ericsson W35 Router + 6GB valid for 90 days||¢ 95|
- Stay connected, be part of communities, share your opinion, share the best moment of your life via social network (Facebook, hi5, LinkedIn etc.)
- Access to relevant content on airtel Live such as news updates, music, video etc.)
- Get your own ID to interact with friends and associates in complete privacy wherever and wherever under airtel widest coverage.
- You can verify this in your network parameter or by calling the call center on 121.
- You can also get details of the Handset compatibility from the website of your handset manufacturer.
Visit airtel Ghana website or the nearest airtel Showroom and get the list of all available handsets and other devices.
- Voice Call:There will be no drop between a 2.5G to 3.75G transition or between 3.75G to 2.5G transitions of network. The handover would be seamless.
- Video Call:The video call if already initiated in a 3.75G network would drop on moving to 2.5G site since 2.5G does not support video calls.
- Internet browsing:On transitioning to a 2.5G network the speed will reduce but the session will not get disturbed in any manner.
- Downloading of Music & Video file:On transitioning to a 2.5G network the speed of the download will reduce.
The call will drop.
Yes, depending on your device multitasking capability.
GPS is a handset feature and not related to 3.75G service.
Yes, with 3.75G networks it would be possible to take a voice call during internet surfing, however it largely depends on the handset capability.
The phone will indicate that is an Incoming Video Call.
1. How to connect your phone to airtel Broadband.
- Insert your airtel SIM Card in the phone or internet card and wait for settings to be sent automatically as a text message or call Customer Care on 121 to receive your settings.
- Accept, install or save the settings that will be sent to your phone.
- To browse the internet, go to the internet / WEB icon on your phone. Enjoy airtel internet.
2. How to connect your computer to airtel Broadband.
- You can connect your computer to the airtel Broadband service using a data enabled phone over a USB cable connection. You may also use a data internet modem or a Data enabled Wireless home box. For more information, contact your authorized airtel outlet or call our customer care on 121.
A data bundle may be activated in the following ways:
- Load airtime equal to the amount required for the bundle and visit http://bundles.airtellive.com/
- USSD Dial *125# and follow the prompts
To get started on the modem, please follow the steps below:
- First insert the modem into the USB port of your laptop or desktop.
- A window will automatically open on your computer's screen asking you to install the software necessary to run the broadband modem. Click on OK.
- Activate a data bundle and you are ready to go!
Please check the configuration as follows:
- Make sure that Modem is in the service area and the network signal is normal.
- Make sure you have subscribed to a data bundle.
- If you have subscribed to a data bundle check and verify your network settings/profile.
The data speed at which you connect to the internet is dependent on the capabilities of the access device or cellphone you connect with, as well as the data coverage in the area where you're connecting from.
The cost of a USB Modem GH¢75 & GH¢85.
No, all MSISDN are pre-activated on 3.75G and no further configuration/ activations are required.