Airtel Catapult Your Business Competition
Airtel Catapult Your Business Competition is a transformative start up accelerator program and competition that guides companies from validated products to fundable business. Participants will have access to proven development world class mentors and investors.
The winner would be given a seed capital fund for the business. This is open only to women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) only for a period of only one month.
Eligibility and Rules
- Entrant participant or team must have a novel product or service that is scalable, addresses a clear market opportunity and gives the company a sustainable competitive advantage.
- She must have identified and validated a number of customers. She must demonstrate a strong need for their solution (e.g. actual sales and/or users) and a large number of interviews across customers and experts. Every business is different, but many people at this stage will have done upwards of 100 customer, partner and expert interviews on their way to validation.
New Business Venture Requirements
- Intellectual Property Rights: The proposed business should not be in violation of any intellectual property rights; including but not limited to patent infringement.
- The amount and source of secured capital arrangements should be clearly identified in the Executive Summary.
- The amount and source of generated revenue should be clearly identified in the team's Executive Summary.
Participants are judged at all stages on the following five criteria:
Attractiveness of the business model
How the business creates, delivers and captures value. Is the business model financially feasible, fundable, and scalable?
Quality of product, service and/or solution
Quality and clarity of business idea. Is the value proposition well aligned with customer needs? Is the value proposition differentiated? Does the solution offer substantial and lasting appeal? Is there evidence of validation?
Market opportunity and competitive positioning
Market size/structure, accessibility, potential barriers to entry, growth rate, capacity, etc. Is there a product-market fit? Is market share attainable? Does the business have a competitive advantage relative to existing players addressing the same need?
Participant qualifications and experience
Relevant education/experience, business track record, access to resources, passion, professionalism, overall strength/balance of team.
Overall attractiveness of venture
Clear vision for long-term success. Is it a killer idea? Can the team adapt? How likely is the business to succeed? Is it an attractive prospect for an investor?
Semi-Final/Final Round Judging Events
This will feature an intense day of pitching at the Semi-Final Round, the Competition culminates that evening with pitching in front of Airtel Staff and some selected guests.