With Airtel, international direct dialling comes as standard. All Airtel mobile phones are already set up to make international calls.
How to make an international call using direct access
Simply dial +254 (that's the Kenya international access code) followed by these codes in this order:
- Destination country code
- Area code
- Telephone number
Here is an example of how you would make a call to Los Angeles, USA.
- Dial: + (the international access code)
- Dial: 1 (the country code for the USA)
- Dial: 213 (the area code for Los Angeles)
- Dial the telephone number of the person
For example: +1 213 123456.
Find out the tariffs for direct access international calls.
How to make an international call using Airtel VOIP
Simply dial *100#
- Follow the instructions to activate the new rates. This is FREE of charge.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS of your successful subscription.
- Follow the steps on how to make an international call.
*Per second billing is applicable.
The prices will be as indicated below :
USA, INDIA, CANADA,CHINA
AND UK fixed
EAST AFRICA, SOUTH AFRICA
UAE & UK mobile
|Band 30||Rest of Africa||30/=|
|Band 40||Rest of the world||40/=|
*Terms and conditions apply.
**You can enjoy cheaper calling rates by subscribing to International Dialling when you dial *767#.