Q. What is airtel money?
A. airtel Money is a Mobile Commerce service that allows you to access services that include
- Transfer Money from your mobile phone to another mobile phone recipient wherever you are, any time you want
- Top up your mobile phone or another customer s mobile phone
- Access and manage your Bank Account
- Pay for your utility bills
Q. Do I need to have a bank account?
A. No, You do not need to have a Bank account to have an airtel Money Account.
Q. Do I need to have a minimum amount in my account like some banks ask for?
A. You can hold up to K5000.
Q. Do I need to pay any service charges for having a airtel Money account?
A. No. airtel Money is SMS transaction based service. You are not charged for anything other than the transactions you perform. Click here for the detailed fee structure.
Q. I already have a bank account. Can I access it using airtel Money?
A. Yes, this service will soon be available to Bank Account holders.
Q. Can I send Money from airtel Money to other networks?
A. Yes, you can send funds to customers or subscribers of other networks. The recipient will be able to withdraw the funds sent from any authorized airtel Money agents or airtel Centers.
Q. I do not have airtel Money menu on my phone. How do I access the service?
A. Getting the menu is very easy
- call 111
- You will receive airtel Money menu on your phone
- If you do not receive the menu within 24 hours, visit the nearest airtel Center for a SIM swap
Q. Can I use airtel Money if I have no airtime credit?
A. Yes. You can use airtel Money even if you have no airtime credit on your phone.
Q. Who are the airtel Money agents and where can I find one?
A. airtel Money agents / dealers are authorized airtel Points where you can access airtel Money Services. They will assist you in Cash deposits, withdrawals etc. Click here to access the airtel Money agents network
Q. Can I register for airtel Money if I am not an airtel customer?
A. No. airtel Money services are only available for airtel customers and successfully ported in Other Network customers
Q. What are the charges for airtel Money transactions?
Q. What do I do in case of the wrong transfer?
If you send Money to the wrong number, take the following steps immediately:
- Call airtel Customer Care Center (111) as soon as possible
- Once the case has been lodged in, airtel will endeavor to reverse the funds back to the sender
- - Please keep in mind that airtel will not be liable if the funds have already been withdrawn by the receiving party, or sent from one person to another subsequently.
- - We strongly advise you to re-confirm your transaction before clicking on the Send / OK key
Q.I did not get the SMS confirmation after performing a transaction. What should I do?
A. There might be a number of reasons for this:
- Your SMS Inbox could be full. Delete some SMS to make space for new SMS's
- You have diverted messages to screened messages
- On some occasions there may be a delay in receiving your confirmation SMS from airtel Money. If you do not receive SMS confirmation within 20 minutes, kindly call Customer Care on 111 who will advise on the status of your transaction on the airtel Money system.
Q. What happens if the airtel Network is down - can I still use airtel Money services?
A. airtel Money system relies on airtel Network for transactions. If the airtel Network is non functional, then service airtel Money will not function as well.
Q. What if I lose my phone/ SIM card? Will I lose the funds in my airtel Money account?
A. The funds in your airtel Money account are safe even if you lose your phone. You can replace your SIM card at any airtel Customer Care Center. Your airtel Money account will be immediately available to you following completion of the SIM replacement process. We recommend that you report loss of your handset to by calling airtel Customer Care Center immediately.
Q. What if I forget my PIN?
A. You should take the following steps if you forget your password:
- Call airtel Customer Care Center on 111 from a airtel line
- Our Customer Care agent will need to verify your account with information you provided during registration
- Your airtel Money PIN will be reset to the default PIN which is 1234, after successful verification exercise
- You will be required to change the password from default before performing any transaction
Q. How many times can I change my PIN?
A. There is no limit to the number of times you can change your password.
Q. I am aged below 18 years. Can register for airtel Money?
A. : If you are below the age of 18 you can register an airtel Money account, but only in the name of your parent or an authorized guardian. This is because you are considered a minor and as such cannot enter into to contract with another party.
Q. What is Nickname and how can I use it?
A. A nickname is a functionality that enables the sending of airtel Money funds without using the recipient's mobile number. Nickname can be used for privacy protection, where one can send and receive Money without disclosing the phone number.
Q. What does the error message 'account locked' mean?
A. This means you entered the wrong 4 digit airtel Money PIN three-times, and hence the account is automatically locked. You are advised to call airtel Customer Care (111) for your airtel Money PIN to be reset to default (1234). Once your PIN has been reset, you are required to change it from the default to your desired PIN