voice and text
In an effort to bring more value to you: our customer, Airtel has partnered with Pan Africa Life Assurance Limited and MicroEnsure to create a FREE (yes, 100% free) insurance product which offers Airtel customers in Kenya access to FREE life, accident and hospitalization insurance based simply by how much you spend on our network.
his product is the first in Kenya to allow Kenyans to register and benefit from insurance from the comfort of their mobile phone. It is also the most accessible insurance cover- all you require is your mobile phone and your Airtel sim-card.
What is Airtel Insurance?
It is a free insurance policy for ALL Kenyan Airtel subscribers aged between 18-75 years.
What are the benefits of Airtel Insurance?
The free insurance policy covers 3 key events: Death, Accidental Permanent Disability and Hospitalization. Once an Airtel subscriber registers and qualifies for Airtel Insurance, they are eligible to receive a cash pay-out for any of the above 3 events.
What are the Insurance cover options available?
There are 4 different cover limit options available, which are all based on how much you recharge each month.
So for example, if you recharge Ksh 250 onto your mobile phone in the month of June, then you become eligible for the first cover band, in the month of July. In the same way, your cover for July ends on July 31st, and is only renewed in August IF you managed to retain a minimum recharge in July of Ksh 250.
|This Month||Next Month|
|Monthly Recharge||Life Cover||Accident Cover||Hospital Cash|
|Ksh. 250 - 499||Ksh. 10,000||Ksh. 10,000||Ksh. 1,000|
|Ksh. 500 999||Ksh. 25,000||Ksh. 25,000||Ksh. 2,000|
|Ksh. 1,000 - 2,499||Ksh. 100,000||Ksh. 100,000||Ksh. 5,000|
|Ksh. 2,500 and above||Ksh. 250,000||Ksh. 250,000||Ksh. 10,000|
What this means is that you will be able to get Ksh 10,000 in case of disability arising from an accident, Ksh 1,000 as cash-back after getting admitted in hospital (minimum of 3 nights hospitalization) and Ksh 10,000 will be given to your next of kin in the case of your death.
The higher the recharge, the higher the cover limits & benefits.
How do I Qualify for Airtel Insurance?
- You must be a Kenyan citizen
- You must be between the ages of 18-75
- You must have an Airtel line
- All claims will be paid via Airtel Money therefore, ensure you register for Airtel Money to ensure a safe and convenient payment.
To benefit from the payout, you must achieve the minimum airtime top-up required which is Ksh 250. Remember, the higher your recharge each month, the higher your cover limit for the following month.
How do I register for Airtel Insurance?
This can be done in 2 easy steps:
- Simply dial *336# from your mobile phone.
- You will then be prompted to enter your First and Last Name
And that’s it! Easy, right?
How do I make a claim for payment?
The claim is up for payment once either of the below occur:
- For the life cover: Upon death for any reason other than abusing illegal drugs or alcohol, or participating in criminal activity, terrorism, or war.
- For the accident cover: Upon permanent loss of a limb, or complete loss of sight or hearing due to an accident
- For the hospitalization cash back: Upon hospitalisation for at-least 3 consecutive nights at a hospital recognised by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIF) in Kenya.
After any of the above occur, all one has to do is call call 100.
An agent will be able to help you through the process of getting the right information and documentation to process your claim. They will also direct you to a convenient service point nearby for further assistance if necessary.
Once all documentation is received and confirmed, the claim payments will be made within 72 hours via Airtel Money.