avail exciting offers and plans
within your range
Mobile broadband is basically internet access with high speed and bandwidth on different devices such as handsets, modems, routers using GPRS/EDGE/3G as Platforms. The following are the practical speeds that can be achieved under each platform:
- GPRS- (20-80)Kbps
- EDGE- (30-120)Kbps
- UMTS/WCDMA- (384-7,200)Kbps
The Mobile broadband service comprises the device and airtel network . The device uses GPRS/EDGE/3G as a bearer.
Mobile broadband service is being offered in 3 classes;
- Mobile broadband access using wireless routers
- Fixed wireless broadband access using dongle on PC or laptop
- Mobile Internet using 3G enabled handset
3 Simple ways to access
- Using your Mobile Phone
- *Ensure your phone is 3G enabled
- *Buy and load a bundle of your choice (daily, weekly, starter)
- Using your Laptop
- *Ensure your laptop is running on Window XP or higher
- *Buy a Netbook from the airtel shops and get a free dongle and sim card with 200MB valid for a week
- * If you already have a 3G dongole that you already possess buy and load a bundle of your choice ( Recommended Weekly, starter, Plus ,Max)
- Using a router
- *Ensure your desktop or laptop is running Window XP or higher
- *Buy a wireless router from airtel shops with a free simcard and 200MB free valid for a week
- *Buy and load a bundle of your choice (Recommended Plus, Max)
Steps to activate Internet on the Phone
- Send SMS with "all" to 575 (blank SMS works too).
- This will activate the subscriber for data and picture messaging, as needed
- System first sends a 'welcome' message, followed by one or more configuration messages.
- User must "accept", "save" or "activate" each message
- In some cases, user will receive an error message response (no remote config or no data)
- If you are still unable to access the internet, troubleshoot.
- If you are still unable to configure the phone, visit the nearest airtel shop for hands-on assistance.
NOTE: By default the ADC(Automatic Device Configuration system) will "push" the settings to the customers. However, in case the ADC has failed to "push" the settings then the customer can "pull" or request for the settings by following the aforementioned steps.
Data bundle- An internet package which acts as a means of reducing the cost of accessing internet by way of purchasing usage in bigger volumes. Out of Bundle-Accessing internet on pay as you go basis i.e. load airtime and access the internet without having to purchase a bundle.
|Pay As You Go Price (Inc VAT)|
|Per 1Kb||2.66 Tambala|
For more information visit http://www.airteldata.com