BlackBerry from Tanzania….The ultimate fulfilment
BlackBerry® from Airtel Tanzania is the complete, end-to-end solution that's easy to use and to integrate with your existing mail server. Using BlackBerry® handheld, you can send & receive emails, wirelessly sync calendar & contacts, make calls, access to Web and many other advance features. Using BlackBerry will help your business; enhance Customer Service, increase efficiency and productivity of employees, business men and workers.
How does BlackBerry® work?
BlackBerry® automatically delivers your email to your BlackBerry® handheld, enabling you to manage your inbox wherever you are and respond quickly. BlackBerry® uses GPRS, EDGE or 3G technologies to deliver your emails to your BlackBerry® device.
As well as wireless email, BlackBerry® offers web/intranet access, organizer, task pad and address book functions as standard. When used with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server it can also offer wireless calendar functionality and enable access to corporate data. BlackBerry® is built on an accessible and open Java platform which enables customization and innovation by third party developers and BlackBerry® Alliance members. These developments capitalize on the power of BlackBerry® and adapt it to deliver customized business data and application to your BlackBerry® device, providing solutions for a range of industry-specific and cross-industry issues.
Why use BlackBerry®?
BlackBerry® enables you to:
Stay in touch. Be more reactive to customers and colleagues.
- Save time. BlackBerry® Enterprise turns down time into productive time.
- Increase efficiency and productivity.
- Manage your agenda. Calendar synchronization enables you to know where to be and when, even when things are changing while you are out of office.
- Forget about other devices. BlackBerry® combines phone, email and access to corporate data in one device.
- Carry your business around with you. For example mobile sales professionals can access critical CRM data from the field. And technicians can check case history or receive job requests without returning to the office.
What are the available BlackBerry® handhelds?
Currently, Airtel Tanzania provides you with two type of BlackBerry® handheld:
- Hand Held Device (One off purchase)
- BlackBerry® Pearl 8100
- BlackBerry® Curve 8310
- BlackBerry® 8800
- BlackBerry® Bold 9000
And more to come….
Does BlackBerry work when travelling outside Tanzania?
Yes, Airtel Tanzania has more than 414 global voice partners, 181 global GPRS roaming relationships in more than 100 countries and more than 49 operators in 34 countries for 3G.
Choose the solution that fits your business and budget…
BlackBerry Internet Solution
Designed specifically for small businesses, independent professionals and busy individuals, the BlackBerry Internet Solution provides access to core BlackBerry functionality without IT Support.
The BlackBerry Internet Service is compatible with most leading email platforms. 'Push' technology automatically delivers email messages straight to you, with POP3/ISP email accounts. And you can integrate up to ten business and personal accounts with a single BlackBerry device.
BlackBerry Enterprise Solution
This solution is designed for large companies with more than 15 users. The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is the only totally integrated package with end-to-end security to your organization's email and data. It is a software that integrates your organization's email BlackBerry Smartphones with your existing enterprise systems, securely extending wireless communications and corporate data to mobile users.
It's a highly scalable solution and can accommodate a large number of users.
How much does BlackBerry® cost?
- Set Up (One-time fee)
- BES software with licences for 20 users
- Small business edition for 5 users
- BlackBerry monthly subscription
- National/Local unlimited usage
- GPRS/EDGE data services
- International usage
- Pay roaming fees
How to Enrol?
If you have a BlackBerry® and you are a Prepaid customer you can activate into this service, just SMS BB to 15344 and follow the instructions. For more information and help, please send email to helpdesk@tz.Airtel.com or you can call 100.
For all Postpaid customers you can do this by visiting your nearest Airtel Center or by sending service request to a corporate customer care desk via CorporateCustomer@tz.Airtel.com or call 101 for more information.
- The price for Prepaid Blackberry Service Per month is only Tsh 35,000.
- The monthly fee will allow you to surf the internet by using internet browser for free and access your office emails if BlacBerry Enterprise Server is installed into your office server.
- If you use WAP browser you will be charged from the main account.