voice and text
Me2U is an airtime-sharing service. It enables you to top up mobile phones of your friends, and family members directly from your own mobile phone.
- 24-hour availability: airtime can be sent anytime of the night or day.
- Airtime can be sent in any denomination.
- You can top up on behalf of family members or friends.
How to transfer airtime via USSD
- Dial *432#
- Select option 1 “Send Airtime”
- Enter Aminut in Kwacha
- Enter Phone Number
- Confirm Transaction Amount and Number
- Enter PIN.
How to transfer airtime via SMS
- Go to messages, select 'Write message', then type:
- For example to send K10 to 0977775004
- Simply type: 2u 0977775004 10 1234 and send the SMS to 432.
You can choose to transfer any amount. The default password is 1234. You should change the default password to any new consecutive or nonconsecutive 4-digit number e.g. 2345 or 6543 or 1357, which only you know.
How to change your password via USSD
Dial *432#, choose Change PIN option and follow instructions
Please also note the following:
- Once customer changes Pin, new code should not be same as last 3 old code.
Customers can change Pin on both USSD (*432#) or via SMS (pin
1234 new pin) or Airtel Menu.
- The change in Me2u Pin logic does not affect MTU. MTU Pin logic remains the same.
How to change your password via SMS
In order to change your password from the default 1234 or any other password, SMS pin
- send to 432
Should you experience any difficulties after following the above instructions, please contact us on our customer care line 111 or simply inbox us on our Facebook page for assistance.
Forgot your password?
To have your PIN reset or unbarred, contact customer service via call center, showroom, social media, email and answer the following questions correctly:
Name on sim registration, Airtime balance, last call/sms, 3 frequently dialed numbers. PIN is reset instantly once customer passes security check.
Unbarring takes 2 hours.
The sender is charged K0.32 for sending Me2U. The receiver is not charged for receiving Me2U. There is no charge for PIN change, reset or unbarring