enjoy unrestricted talk time
and uninterrupted services
Power of 3.75G
What is airtel 3.75G?
3G is the third generation of mobile internet systems. It provides an enhanced way to access online services such as multimedia, high-speed mobile broadband, music and video, all on your mobile handset. With a 3G device (phone, modem, tablet, Wi-Fi router) and access to the 3.75G network you can make video calls, send mms, stream YouTube videos, send and receive heavy email attachments and download music, while enjoying the usual voice call and messaging services found on a mobile phone.
3G has evolved through several updates, leading to the very latest release, HSPA+, which is referred to as 3.75G, now available on airtel. 3.75G technology operates at dazzling speeds of up to 21MB/s downlink and 5.7MB/s uplink.
How is airtel's 3.75G different?
Not so long ago, a mobile phone simply allowed you to make phone calls. Today, we have airtel 3.75G, the most advanced internet-capable telecommunications system in Africa. You can make video calls, access emails from just about anywhere, connect to high-speed Internet, download music, participate in video blogs, do your internet banking, and much more. Just about anything you can do on an Internet-connected computer, you can now do on-the-go from your phone.
Best of all, it won't cost you the earth. You can subscribe to a tailor-made data bundle and save significantly over regular data download costs.
- Unrivaled speed
- The widest coverage in Malawi
- The widest coverage in Africa through our One Network service
- Unrivaled customer care and sales teams
How to enjoy airtel 3.75G
You will need
- An airtel line
- A 3G/HSPA enabled device – handset, tablet, modem or router
- Correct Internet settings on your device
How to connect your handset
- On your mobile phone go to settings menu
- Then go to wireless and networks
- Then mobile network settings
- Tick the box on use packet data
- Then go to Access point name
- Add new APN; on Name put airtel, on APN put Internet, on APN type put Internet, then save
- After this is done, internet browsing is then enabled
If you do not receive your settings automatically, send 'all' to 575. You will receive an SMS with instructions to follow. If your device cannot receive settings automatically, you can visit any airtel shop for assistance.
How to connect your modem
- Before you can start using your new USB stick, you'll need to set it up.
- You will need an airtel SIM card activated for data – this should have been provisioned when USB stick was purchased.
- Remove the cap and insert the SIM.
- Plug the USB Stick into your computer's USB port- make sure the USB is fully inserted
- Follow the instructions on how to install the software. This is necessary only if you're connecting your modem for the first time
- Launch the airtel mobile broadband software and click on the Connect icon.
- Ensure you have sufficient airtime credit on your modem to enjoy airtel 3.75G.
To connect your router
Follow instructions on the manual or call 177