- You do not need to buy new SIM card, you will need to have a device (handset or dongle) that support 3G.
- Ensure you have the right settings in your device by sending an sms with ALL to 9690 to receive automatic internet settings on your phone.
- Subscribe to a data plan or pay as you go
A customer can enjoy quite a number of the service like:
- Internet browsing, send emails, upload and download files
- Mobile video call
- Online games e.g. downloads or rentals
- Video and music streaming
- Value added services e.g. m-commerce, push and pull information
The advantage of 3G is:
- Faster internet browsing
- It's a global standard
- Cost reduction
Speed depends on handset used, coverage, network traffic and number of users currently using the 3G network at that point of time.
You will see a 3G icon or HSDPA on the top of your screen
The default price per MB when you have not subscribed to a bundle is SR4 / MB
Below are the bundles that are available to you.
|Pre Paid bundles|
|Bundle Name||Price (SR)||Validity||Allowance (MB)||In Bundle Rate (SR)|
|Surf 20||24||24 hours||20||1.20|
|Surf 100||98||7 Days||100||0.98|
|Surf 250||150||30 Days||250||0.60|
|Post Paid bundles|
|Bundle Name||Price (SR)||Allowance (MB)||In Bundle Rate (SR)|
Better customer experience:
- Faster speeds.
- Best customer service.
- Affordable, simple and relevant offerings.
- Stay connected, be part of communities, share your opinion, share the best moment of your life via social network (Face book, hi5, LinkedIn etc.)
- Access to relevant content on airtel Live such as news updates, music, video etc.)
- Get your own ID to interact with friends and associates in complete privacy wherever and wherever under airtel widest coverage.
- SR 3.99 per minute (Prepaid)
- Normal per minute voice rates apply for Postpaid (Depending on your contract)
- Voice Call: There will be no drop between a 2.5G to 3G transition or between 3G to 2.5G transitions of network. The handover would be seamless.
- Video Call: The video call if already initiated in a 3G network would drop on moving to 2.5G site since 2.5G does not support video calls.
- Internet browsing: On transitioning to a 2.5G network the speed will reduce but the session will not get discontinued.
- Downloading of Music & Video file: On transitioning to a 2.5G network the speed of the download will reduce.
- Where a 3G network is unavailable, you’ll be moved to a 2G network. You can still make calls, send and receive sms, and use your data service on 3.75G.