enjoy unrestricted talk time
and uninterrupted services
voice & text
in-flight roaming service
Introducing airtel In-flight Roaming Service .airtel Seychelles introduces its international in-flight roaming service which enables customers to stay connected whilst travelling by air. This service is available on aircrafts in conjunction with Aero-Mobile.
This unique service enables all postpaid subscribers who are activated for international roaming; make use of their mobile phones whilst on the plane. Customers can make & receive calls, send SMS & receive SMS and access the internet while in the air on international flights.
With this service, customers can easily keep in touch with their business partners, friends, family and loved ones from the comfort of their airplane seats while travelling to their destination abroad.
Customers who wish to use this service must always check with the Cabin Crew to confirm if the service is available on their flight.
the in-flight roaming service is available with following partner airlines and aircrafts:
- Etihad Airways
- Gulf Air,
- Trans aero
- Malaysian aircrafts.
similar service shall be made available in the following additional airlines in the near future:
- Air France,
- Aero Lingus, and
- Thai Airways
in flight roaming rates
|Service||Making Calls||Receiving Calls||Sending SMS||Receiving SMS||Data|
|In-flight roaming service||SCR 55.00||SCR 99.00||SCR 15.00||NIL Free||SCR 13 per 50 kb|
how it works
- The in-flight roaming service is available during the “cruise” phase of flight only (i.e. after take-off and before landing).
- During the “cruise phase” you will be automatically connected to the available network. (Ensure your device is on automatic network search)
- Once connected, you can begin to make calls, send SMS and carry out data activities.
- This service is available to all postpaid customers that are subscribed to airtel Seychelles International Roaming Service.
- To activate roaming prior to travelling, call our Contact Centre on Tel.4600600
notes & tips
- Ensure your device is completely tuned off during the flight if you do not want to use the in-flight roaming service to avoid running up your bill.
- Always check with the Cabin Crew to confirm if the service is available on your flight
- Ensure that your phone is switched off during take-off and descent prior to landing.